Welcome boys and girls and aliens alike :)

hello visitors, the name is Madori:] as if you didn't already know that n_n So i had to make this blog, and im not quite sure how to use it yet :D well anyways hope you have fun on here .-.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

3rd Day


I woke up early in the Royal Hotel, ready to start my third day. I planned to go to the garden of peace, The Former Hosokawa Residence, and the Kumamoto Castle. The first stop was to visit the garden of peace, and The Former Hosokawa Residence. Within the garden of peace is a huge statue of Jibo Kannon, which you can see all throughout the garden. I found this statue very intriguing and Jibo actually means lady of peace. I guess thats how the garden got it's name. The second place was The former Hosokawa Residence. Together these two places cost me 640 yen to get in. The former Hosokawa Residence belonged to a branch family of the Hosokawa clan. This was a samurai mansion back from the Edo period. My last stop for the day was to visit the Kumamoto Castle. It's been around for over 400 years, and still has some structures from when it was first built. Many of the workers were dressed up in costumes back from the time period in which the castle was built. My most famous costume was the ninja up on the ledge. While i was in the area I went to the Kamado Dining house to eat my dinner. Later that night i stayed in the Kumamoto Castle Hotel which cost me 9,832 yen. That was my third day in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment